Monday, August 31, 2009

5 Months

My baby boy Cohen. I see your little sponge brain soaking everything in all day long. You are a happy baby, just like your brother was. You do tend to think about it first before letting out that giggle. You do have a bit of a temper though. Once you get mad about something, you're mad. And if that means screaming in the car for a 30 min. trip, you'll do just that. Your have lost most of your beautiful dark hair. I hope it grows back soon.

You're still sleeping in your crib at least half of the night and sometimes I don't hear from you until 4 or 5am. Other times you wake up when we come to bed and then into our bed you come. You tend to wake up an hour into your afternoon nap and I usually bring you into bed and nurse you back to sleep. Bad habit? Maybe. But I know it won't last forever. You roll all over the place now. I can't leave you on the couch for a second! When you're on your belly those legs are moving. You just have to figure out how to get your arms moving. I haven't given you any solids yet. I "tried" once, against my better judgment (you were waking up so much at night) and on the recommendation of your pediatrician, even though I knew you weren't ready. Guess what, you weren't ready. I'll try again around 6 months. It's so much easier just to nurse you and you are growing just fine that way. I'm not looking forward to adding baby food to my purse again! I already carry around a whole lot less for you than I did when your brother was a baby. There really is no reason to carry around so much stuff!
I'll be back to report on you again next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment